Elli's Great American Restuarant
We are proud to offer a menu that represents a melting pot of culinary tastes brought by immigrants from around the world who arrived via Ellis Island. The recipes, many handed down from generation to generation, represent a cornucopia of cultures. Here at Elli's we prepare everything from scratch like the generations before us.
When you're situated in the center of the Salinas Valley - a place known as America's Salad Bowl - people know a whole lot about good, fresh, food. That's why we make our own hamburger buns, sour cream, potato chips, and tortillas (among other things). It's so we can make them a little better, a little more interesting, a little more Salinas Valley.
Our doors open at 7am Monday through Friday and at 9am on weekends.
Elli’s Great American Restaurant is the brain-child of Pat Ottone, whose grandfather emigrated from Italy in 1914 via Ellis Island. This restaurant is in part, a tribute to all of those intrepid, hard-working American-dreamers. The other part is, Pat Ottone just plain loves great food. It doesn’t matter where the recipes are from – Italy, Mexico, Georgia, or Uncle George – if it’s tasty, Pat’s definitely interested.
Elli's first opened it's doors in 1996 at Del Monte Center and moved to the Salinas Valley in 2006, where it had room to invite even more of the community to experience the inspired melting pot of great food. From the open kitchen’s brick oven to the covered outdoor patio to the modern bar and everything in between, Elli’s is the place to enjoy the best culinary offerings in the Salinas Valley.
Ottone Restaurant Group
Pat Ottone - President / CEO of Ottone Restaurant group
LALLApalooza with its big American menu & martini bar, is Monterey's hottest night spot. Offering big American burgers, salads, gourmet pizzas from the wood burning oven, and its famous martini menu.
LALLAgrill"Casual California Dining in A Contemporary Garden Setting" is located across from the Century Theater at the Del Monte Shopping Center in Monterey CA. We feature the freshest ingredients and a delicious selection of entrees for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We also offer a full bar with an extensive selection of wines, over fifty sipping tequilas, and a virtually unlimited selection of mixed drinks.
Elli's Great American Restaurant located at 1250 S. Main St, in Salinas, CA offers an All American Menu that honors the heritage of immigrants who have found a home in America. The family-style restaurant features wood-fired-pizzas, authentic street tacos, fresh salads picked straight from the Salinas Valley, and an incredible array of desserts.
LALLA Lounge located inside Elli's restaurant offers a club style atmosphere, a rocking sound system, huge video screens, and entertainment. Our signature martinis, cocktails, and beers on tap complete Salinas Valley's most exciting concept.
I went to Elli's Great American Restaurant for Sunday Brunch and was thrilled to see the amazing spread of food.
I love this place, great prices, great food and love the service, they always take care of me
This is a great place to eat and the staff just makes it even more enjoyable.
Hands down my favorite joint in Monterey county. When the owner/chef travels to Mexico just to learn how to make street tacos, you know they care.
This has become the most frequent place that we eat over the past 3 years. Very tasty, there isn't anything bad on the menu.
Great breakfast! My favorite is the Popeye.
Come in. Grab a drink!
Located inside Elli's restaurant we offer a club style atmosphere, a rocking sound system, huge video screens and entertainment. Our signature martinis, cocktails, and beers on tap complete Salinas Valley's most exciting hang-out.
Open 7 days a week
- Classic Whether gin or vodka, this is the original. Shaken not stirred.
- Blood Orange Manhattan Down home meets big city. Woodford bourbon, blood orange bitters & sweet vermouth.
- Repo Man Our infused Reposado Tequila with strawberries, muddled blueberry, luxardo cherry and basil, agave syrup and limeade.
- White Sangria Our house specialty is made for the patio...We start with a crisp Sauvignon Blanc and add fresh fruit and tropical juices. One glass just won't be enough.
- Old Ginger Great combination of Crown Royal and ginger liqueur, with orange bitters, muddled orange & fresh mint, and luxardo cherry.
- Lalla Infused Manhattan Our infused whiskey with peaches and vanilla, sweet vermouth, blood orange bitters, and honey.
- Old Fashioned Knob Creek Rye with muddled orange, lemon, and Luxardo Cherry. Dash of bitters, sugar, & club soda.
- Lalla’s Gin & Tonic Brokers Gin with Fevertree Tonic Water. For the perfect touch we muddle a lime wedge, touch of Luxardo Cherry Juice and grapefruit bitters.
- Lalla’s Manhattan Templeton Rye, Antica Sweet Vermouth with bitters & Luxardo Cherry. Stirred.
- Moscow Mule Cold and refreshing served in a copper mug. Noble Russian Beluga vodka with ginger beer and fresh lime.
- Spa-Tini Sit back and enjoy. Made with Hendrick’s gin, Hpnotiq, mint leaves, cucumbers, fresh limeade and soda. Garnished with a slice of fresh cucumber.
- Classic Cosmo Absolut Citron, Cointreau, fresh lime juice, and a splash of cranberry juice. Shaken and served up.
- Purple Headed Dragon Our classic cosmo with an added raspberry twist. In a sugar rimmed glass.
- Betty Paige This XXX rated martini gives you a real lift. We start with our classic Cosmo and give it a blast of X-Rated liqeur. There's nothing sweeter.
- Pome-Cosmo-Granate The Cosmo goes downtown with the new taste of Stoli White Pomegranik vodka, limeade, pomegranate liqueur, and a splash of cranberry juice.
- Water Moccasin The perfect poison: Crown Royal, peach liqueur, and our fresh sweet & sour. Shaken and served with a cherry.
- Mail Order Bride A thing of beauty. Hpnotiq, X-Rated, Stoli vodka, with fresh sweet & sour. Served in a sugar rimmed glass.
- Spa-tini Sit back and enjoy. Made with gin, Hpnotiq, mint leaves, cucumbers, fresh limeade and soda. Garnished with a slice of fresh cucumber.
- Mirage You won’t know what hit you. Absolut Vanilia vodka, peach schnapps, our fresh sweet & sour recipe, along with muddled cucumber and rosemary.
- White Mexican Malibu Red, Horchata, Sinfire Cinnamon Whiskey. Shaken and served up.
- V-Splash The new gold standard. Fabian’s award winning amalgamation of silver tequila, St. Germain, fresh lime juice, and basil that’s finished with pineapple and agave syrup.
22 Minute Vacations Served in a 22 oz. Glass
- Painkiller A prescription for all your troubles. Dark Rum, cream of coconut, pineapple, orange juice topped with freshly grated nutmeg and a Myers rum floater.
- Kentucky Tea Our infused whiskey with peaches and vanilla, fresh mint, passion tea, and honey.
- Long Island Iced Tea Iced tea never tasted so delish. Rum, gin, vodka, and Triple Sec with a dash of tequi la. We mix in our sweet & sour, and top it with a cola float and lemon wedge.
- Grateful Dead Jerry would've loved t his fit-to-be-tie-dyed specialty. Blue cura~ao and raspberry liqueur are added to our classic Long Island Iced Tea. Hippie heaven.
- Raging Bull Get ready to run with the bulls. Red Bull energy drink with Absolut Mandarin vodka, Midori, and sweet & sour mix.
- Tree Smacker A lip smackin; tree smackin' concoction. Skyy Citrus vodka, 151 rum. Meyer's dark rum, peach schnapps, and 99 Apple schnapps all mixed with pineapple. orange juice and cranberry juices, and a splash of grenadine.
14 Minute Vacations Served in a 14 oz. Glass
- Freshjito It's all about fresh. Fresh muddled cucumber, strawberries, mint, and lime juice, with great Rum!
- Cabo Mojito Stoli Blueberi vodka, basil, fresh squeezed lemon, raw sugar, and soda water, garnished with blueberries.
- Breaking and Entering A criminally delicious bourbon drink. Breaking & Entering bourbon with muddled strawberries, dash of orange bitters, and ginger beer.
- Strawberry Daiquiri Our infused rum with pineapple and vanilla, fresh lime, muddled strawberry, a touch of cream, on the rocks.
- Lalla Daiquiri Our infused rum with pineapple and vanilla, agave and fresh lime juice on the rocks.
- The Kumquat Our infused vodka with kumquat and basil, limeade, soda water, agave, and caviar lime.
- White Sangria Fresh fruit and tropical juices mingle with crisp white wine for a light & tasty cha cha cha of drinkability.
- Pink Lemonade This is no little girl's drink. Citron vodka, fresh-squeezed lemonade, and a splash of raspberry liqueur.
- One Night Stand Our sweet creation of Malibu Melon rum, pineapple juice, and strawberry puree. A taste you'll want to bring home for the night.
- Mojito You'll be in mint condition fast. Cruzan rum, fresh lime, fresh mint and agave nectar.
- Mod Mojito A Lalla twist on the classic. Made with our own pineapple-infused rum. You can't get this taste anywhere else.
- Mai Tai The classic gone overboard. Light & dark rums with Amaretto, peach schnapps, pineapple juice, sweet & sour, and a dash of grenadine.
- Three Mile Island Sure to get a good reaction out of you. Cruzan rum, Midori, pineapple, and orange juice that's topped with a float of Meyer's rum.
- Tequila Blast Cazadores Reposodo tequila, Cointrea~ fresh limeade & cranberry juice. A refreshing twist that'll blow you away.
Fresh & Fruity
- Golden Orange Our infused vodka with kumquat and basil, St. Germain, honey, and a splash of grapefruit juice.
- Pretty ‘N Pink You’ll be tickled pink by this tasty fusion of Stoli Strasberi vodka, X-Rated, pineapple juice, plus our own sweet & sour.
- Green Bananas Get in the swing with Hpnotiq, 99 Bananas, pineapple juice & fresh lime in a sugar rimmed glass.
- Bad Appletini So good it’s super bad. Stoli Gala Applik vodka, Midori, Apple Pucker, and fresh sweet & sour. Shaken, served up.
- Watermelon Madness A picnic in a glass. Made with Three Olives Watermelon vodka, St-Germain liqueur, sweet & sour, and a splash of cranberry juice.
- S & M What were you thinking? It’s a strawberry martini that features Stoli Strasberi vodka
- PMS It’s a Peach Martini, Silly. Ours is made with Stoli Peachik vodka.
- French Pear The “pearfect” martini. We mix up Grey Goose La Poire pear vodka, St-Germain liqueur and a splash of fresh sweet & sour.
- Double Chocolate After dinner at its finest. Stolichnaya vodka, Godiva chocolate liuqeur and Kahlua shaken and served in a chocolate rimmed glass.
- White Chocolate You’ll love this elegant version of a chocolate martini- with White Godiva, Stoli Vanil vodka, Cruzan Coconut rum and a splash of cream.
- All Nighter Need a little pick-me-up? Try this blend of hazelnut Kahlua liqueur and caffeine infused vodka.
Drop & Roll
- Classic Lemon Drop Like candy, Absolut Citron Vodka, and fresh sweet & sour mix. Shaken, served in a sugar rimmed glass.
- Purple Haze The Lemon Drop goes '60s with a splash of raspeberry liqeur.
- Coconut Kiss The Lemon Drop with an island twist. Skyy Infusions coconut vodka, with our house made sweet & sour mix.
- Tequila Basil Smash Alderete Reposado tequila, fresh lemons and honey, and smashed fresh basil. Shaken cold.
- Dessert Bloom Infused Reposado Tequila with strawberries, mint, cucumber, fresh lime, and agave.
- Baja Rocks El Charro 100% Blue Agave Tequila, Triple-sec, and our house margarita mix; on the rocks with salt.
- Lalla Margaritas 100% Authentic. Nothing but Trs Agaves blue agave tequila, fresh lime juice, agave syrup, and a touch of Triple Sec; shaken and served without salt.
- Lalla Fresh Fruit Ritas White peach, Mango, Strawberry, or Watermelon
- Blanco Tequila Tres Agaves, Gran Centenario, Herradura, Don Julio, Patron, Tres Generaciones, Patron Gran Platinum
- Reposado Tequila Sauza Hornitos, Cazadores, Cuervo 1800, Sauzo Commemorativo, Tres Agaves, Gran Centenario, Ghinaco, Don Julio, Patron, Tres Generaciones, Clase Azul
- Anejo Tequila Tres Agaves, Gran Centenario, Don Julio, Patron, Tres Generaciones, Don Julio 1942
- Bass Ale, Bud Light, Widmer Hefeweizen, Newcastle Nut Brown Ale, Sierra Nevada, Guinness Stout, Black & Tan
- Budweiser, Coors, Coors Light, Miller Genuine Draft, Miller Light
Imports and Microbrews
- Blue Moon, Corona, Corona Light, Dos Equis, Fat Tire, HardCore Cider, Harp, Heineken, Heineken Light, Michelob Ultra, Negro Modelo, Pacifico, Smirnoff Ice, Stella Artois, Stone IPA, St. Pauli Girl, Tecate
The perfect place to unwind
The culinary melting pot that is our menu is sure to offer something irresistible to everyone in your party. Our bustling, homey atmosphere and extensive list of hearty culinary masterpieces make the perfect compliment to your party or event. At Elli's, our food is more than just delicious. Our dishes are handmade in-house with fresh, local, organic ingredients according to tried and true recipes, many of which have been passed down through generations of culinary connoisseurs.
As soon as you're seated in our all-American dining room, we'll be ready to treat you to tantalizing appetizers like our deep fried artichoke hearts, nacho party platter, and signature firecracker fries; inspired international entrées from Italy, to the far East, to south of the Border, to the heart of Texas; and with house-made, from-scratch finishing touches like our Dutch Apple Pie, Red Velvet Cheesecake, and Chocolate Beast Brownie, you'll definitely want to save room for dessert.